Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Bliss


Well duckies, my site tracker has informed me that I have had (as of now) approximately 40 visits to my page. That, my friends, is what we call an audience. In honor of this round number (and the potential of surpassing it), I give you this little gem via Jane of All Trades:

Those of you who know me, know that if there is anything I dig more than noshing and mid-day napping, it is all manner of monkeys, big cats and elephants. Well, two out of three ain't bad. Two baby Orangutans and a set of Sumatran tiger-cub twins engaged in a snuggle-fest after a play filled day at the Taman Safari Zoo. The tigers and the monkeys have sustained a month long friendship, which unfortunately, is likely to end once the tigers grow out of their early babyhood and begin eating meat.


You can read the full story here.

Personally, I find this story utterly charming. These tigers and orangutans were clearly able to set aside any potential differences and focus on the things that they have in common. For example, they are all orange. And cute. Sigh

No comments: